MÁLAGA, dubbed as the New Barcelona for events, conferences and incentives, is fast becoming one of the most exciting new destinations in Europe for event planners.
Thanks to a multi-million pound regeneration project including a new avant-garde port and several new galleries and museums, namely the Picasso, Thyssen and Russian museum, this once quite uninteresting city has become one of Europe’s hippest destinations for both leisure and business and an exciting new destination for the events industry, if you are looking for something not ‘done’ before, Malaga is a superb option for your next event, conference, incentive or meeting.
Along with a thriving cultural scene, there is an abundance of fantastic restaurants, outdoor terraces for al fresco dining, great shopping and an exciting nightlife.
Here are some interesting facts about the city:
- Málaga Airport, Spain’s third largest airport has direct flight connections from all major cities in Europe and is just a 15 minute transfer from the city centre.
- The cities hotel capacity is improving; 2016 will see the arrival of a 200 room 5 star GL hotel on the sea front close to the city centre and plans for a new 400 room 4 Star hotel in the new port are underway.
- Original and traditional venues; such as a castle, a decadent balneario, fisherman style restaurants on the beach cooking sardines on open air spits, trendy designer restaurants, museums & art galleries….Málaga offers a wide variety of reasonably priced and top class venues.
- The best micro-climate in Europe with over 325 days of sunshine a year, Malaga is the ideal destination for an extensive range of outdoor activities all year round.
- Points of interest just a stones throw from the city are historical towns and charming villages: Mijas, Ronda, Sevilla, Granada & Cordoba to name but a few.
- Guaranteed to draw a high attendance due to the idyllic climate, constant buzz that has this city the voted the most exciting new destination in Europe.
- Value for money: Málaga offers great value for money compared with other Spanish cities.
In a nutshell:…..Málaga with its new hotels, much talked about new and exciting cultural scene, original and diverse venues, the ideal climate is now competing with other top event destinations in Europe.